There are six proposals up for consideration at this Sunday’s General Membership meeting. The sponsors of the proposals will present their ideas and discussion will be held on each prior to a vote. However, it is recommended that you review the proposals and come prepared with your questions. Please click the link below to view the proposals.
Don’t forget – the General Membership meeting is this Sunday, May 31st at Noon in the Liberty High School Band Room. Please attend to ensure your voice and ideas are heard!
At the May 31st General Membership meeting, there are four Board positions up for re-election:
- Fall Vice President
- Winter Vice President – Percussion
- Winter Vice President – Guard
Calls for nominations will be made at the meeting and nominees must accept the nomination either in person or via telephone at the time of nomination.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in a Board position but want to know a little more about what it entails, please click the link below to view the Job Descriptions for the Officers up for Re-Election.
The NWAPA is now entertaining rules and policy change suggestions for Fall Season 2015 and Winter Season 2016. The NWAPA Rules committee will review suggestions and bring viable rules and policy change proposals to the General Membership meeting in May. The deadline for submitting suggestions is May 22nd.
Please include your rationale behind the change you are suggesting and list any financial and logistical impacts it may have. A form has been created to make it easier for you to write and submit your proposal 2015 NWAPA Rule Change Proposal Form.
The annual meeting of the NWAPA members will be Sunday May 31 at noon at Liberty HS.
- - September 19 – Liberty Marching Arts Challenge sponsored by Liberty HS
- - September 26 – McKenzie Classic sponsored by Evergreen HS
- - October 3 – Pacific Coast Invitational sponsored by Sprague HS and Music in Motion sponsored by Kamiak HS
- - October 10 – Century Showcase sponsored by Century HS
- - October 17 – Pride of the Northwest sponsored by Grants Pass HS and Southridge Spectacle Sound sponsored by Southridge HS
- - October 24 – Sunset Classic sponsored by Sunset HS
- - October 31 – University of Oregon Festival of Bands/ NWAPA Championships sponsored by Oregon Marching Band